Unfortunately, a theatre is not one of them but we have put together a selection of what we hope are useful links below. Any suggestions are welcome.
TRAINS: Davenport station has trains to Manchester and Buxton. The journey to Manchester takes less than 20 minutes and costs less than you would pay to park your car in the city centre.
- The 192 bus from Hazel Grove and Stepping Hill Hospital to Stockport and Manchester passes the Buxton Road gates every few minutes. The 192 night bus runs from Manchester to the Park gates until 02:30 on Thursday nights and 03:40 on Friday and Saturday nights.
- The 378 bus linking Stockport and Bramhall stops outside the Bramhall Lane Gates.
- Also the 309 bus and 310 bus to and from Cheadle.
- There is a wide range of local shops on Bramhall Lane, just a short walk from the gates at the end of Devonshire Park Road.
- The nearest decent-sized open space is Cale Green Park, about ten minutes walk from Davenport Park.
- Report a Street Light Fault
- Davenport Park bin collection schedule
- Davenport Park Conservation Area leaflet
- Davenport Park Conservation Area Character Appraisal
- Davenport Park Conservation Area Management Plan 2012
- Conservation and Heritage Strategy 2008.
- Stockport Heritage Library Historic Photograph Archive.Photographs of the Park haven’t been scanned in yet but you can see them in the Heritage Library.
- Planning applications for works to houses or trees are now made online. The government planning portal is an interactive site giving general guidance on what needs planning permission whether in a conservation area or not. You can also use the Planning Portal to apply for planning permission online.
- Or use iapply.
- The planning database has details of planning applications from 2000 to the present.
- The Park is within the catchment area of a lot of schools:
- St George’s CE Primary School
- Great Moor Infants & Junior Schools
- Nevill Road Infants & Junior Schools
- Stockport School (Known locally as Mile End and is only a few minutes’ walk from the Park.)
- Bramhall High
- Aquinas College
- Cheadle & Marple Sixth Form College
- Stockport College.
- Stockport Grammar School shares the northeast border of the Park and takes children from three to 18.
- For pre-school children Nina’s Nursery is located within the Park on Devonshire Park Road.